Box recalls specific models of Forks
VOLUNTARY FORK REPLACEMENT
Since our inception in 2011, Box Components has been committed to manufacturing the highest quality bicycle components. Providing racers and riders with the best and safest products on the market has always been our number one goal. As a result of this and in cooperation with the CPSC, Box Components is offering a voluntary replacement of some of our older BOX carbon fiber BMX forks. The reason for the replacement is a manufacturing flaw that may result in some steerer tubes becoming loose when turned against resistance on the front wheel of the bicycle. This flaw poses a potential fall hazard to the rider. There have been no reports of injury as a result of this defect. Box Components is aware this is inconvenient for our customers, and we appreciate your assistance in helping us replace potentially defective forks from the market.
The fork models that this voluntary replacement applies to are as follows:
• XE 20 inch 10mm Dropout Fork (model number BX-FK13A2010)
• XE 24 inch 10mm Dropout Fork (model number BX-FK13A2410)
• XL 20 inch 10mm Dropout Fork (model number BX-FK15A2010)
• XL 24 inch 10mm Dropout Fork (model number BX-FK15A2410)
• XS 20 inch 10mm Dropout Fork (model number BX-FK14A2010)
Qualifying forks have serial numbers of either 140508, 140606 or 140702.
This flaw affects forks sold by Box from January 2015 until July 2015. Forks were also sold on complete model year 2016 bikes from Haro (Team CF Mini, Team CF Junior, Team CF Expert), Redline (Flight Mini, Flight Junior, Flight Expert, Flight Expert XL) and DK (Elite Junior, Elite Expert). The issue has been corrected through a design change to the steerer tube that
eliminates the possibility of the steerer tube turning. All qualifying fork claims will be replaced with current production forks that do not have this flaw.
HOW TO CHECK THE FORK
• The forks have a Box logo (See Fig.01)
• The "V2", “XE”, “XS” and “XL” Logos are located on the crown of the fork. (See Fig.02)
• The serial number is laser etched on the steerer tube. This number will either be 140508, 140606 or 140702.
• Forks have 3/8 in drop-outs not 20mm drop-outs. (See Fig.04)
If the fork model and serial number match the information provided above, the fork is eligible for replacement.Consumers should take their fork to their nearest local bike shop or inspection. If the fork is eligible for the recall, the bike shop will work with Box Components to replace the fork. Please email or visit boxcomponents.com for more information.
for more info, log on to:
or Email: Recall@cyclegroupinc.com