Capital City BMX District: NC02
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Track Phone: 919-834-4BMX
- Primary Contact: Robert Clemenger (919-455-5819)
Capital City BMX is a bicycle motocross race track located at the Lions Park, 516 Dennis Ave, Raleigh, NC 27604. Races are held each Sunday at 3:00 and open practice on Thursday at 5:00 (check the Schedule for official dates/times). The racing season generally starts in January/February of each year (weather depending) and conclude on December 15th of each year. Spring Sunday registration and practices are from 1:00 to 2:30 pm with races starting shortly after. We are open for practice on Tuesday and Thursday 5:00 to dark BMX racing is open to boys and girls of all ages. Come join the fun!
CCBMX Board Members for 2016
- Track Operator: Robert Clemenger
- Track President: BJ Yerkes
- Treasurer: Sarah McHenry
- Track Clerk: Alison Marsicovetere
TRY BMX RACING
Join Anytime at Any Race all year long
Bring your Bike:
- Any BMX type and size will do, but we recommend that you start with one that has a 16" to 20" wheel diameter - as that is the allowable limit in the Novice class. You may race any bike with larger wheels in the Cruiser class.
- Make sure all bolts are tight - especially your axle and stem bolts.
- Remove any freestyle-type axle pegs
- All reflectors/brackets must be removed for safety purposes
- If your bike has a kickstand, it must be taken off
Required clothing and safety equipment:
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants or jeans
- Any enclosed shoe is sufficient. Skateboard style shoes are suggested
BMX racing is open to any boy or girl who can ride a bike – ages 2 – 92. At Capital City BMX, the racing season lasts all year long, as weather permits. You can fit BMX racing in between other activities, like work, school, sports, church, and scouting. Spectators are always free at local races.
Capital City BMX is officially sanctioned as a USA BMX track by the American Bicycle Association. Each rider is permitted one trial race, after which you must purchase a 1-month temporary or 12-month full membership from USA BMX to continue racing. These memberships can be purchased at Capital City BMX.